Service Technician-Licensed Journeyman
Exciting career opportunity for a licensed electrician to join one of the region’s fastest growing companies, which serves Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Hampton Roads. IGW is a Norfolk based Class A electrical contractor company founded in 2010. IGW is unique in that we consider everything we do a project. Installing a ceiling fan in Virginia Beach or Norfolk…a project. Repairing commercial electrical equipment in Portsmouth or Chesapeake…a project. Wiring a new home while under construction in Suffolk or Williamsburg…a project. Installing energy saving lights in a business in Yorktown or somewhere in Hampton Roads…right again…a project. Thinking of every opportunity to serve our clients as a project means that we strive for consistency and competency. It means that we have a plan to complete each task. The dedication and discipline needed to be good at project management is the IGW way of finishing each contract on time and on budget.
We are looking for motivated, dependable and drug free individuals to join the IGW team. Our commercial electrical contractor and residential electrical contractor company is thriving and growing. All divisions are fully engaged and busy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3-5 years experience as a commercial electrician
- Previous service/maintenance experience
- Ability to read blueprints, run conduit, wire and terminate devices, perform quality control testing and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of installing electrical systems in a new construction setting
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move moderately heavy objects
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders
- Good computer skills including proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent communication skills — ability to interact well with Store/Facilities Managers and Maintenance Department personnel
- Possession of reliable transportation and basic hand tools
- Willingness to travel, work nights/weekends/overtime, as required
- Electrical Journeyman license